More useful online tools!
9TA Tuesday 17th June
To learn how to use google docs
To learn what social bookmarking is
To evaluate a couple of new websites
Starter: Organise a group of about four people that you will work with this lesson. You don't need to sit next to them! You don't even need to talk to them (out loud!)
1. Sign into google docs - http://docs.google.com/ you can use the same username and password you use for your blog. Have a play for 5 minutes to work out how to create a document or presentation and find out what they can do.
2. Sharing your documents: one of the clever things about google docs is you can work on things with other people - click on the share button and type in some e-mails of friends to add as collaborators. You will all be able to work on the document together! Have a try and say hi to each other.
3. Mini Project - Using docs or presentations work on one of the following projects...
a. A story called Dave's strange journey to school
b. A presentation called: The most amazing facts you need to know
c. A celebrity/football/sports/fashion etc News page: Write up the latest news with your group
d. Another idea of your own that you've checked with me first
4. While you are waiting for people to be added to your document try out www.wordle.net
Try creating some wordles and publish them on your blog. You can make a wordle of your blog too!
5. Research social bookmarking: What is it? What can it do? Why is it useful? Blog about it!
Watch this video if you need some help.
6. Social Networking in school
Should myspace facebook etc be allowed in school? Could they actually help you learn? How? Blog about it!
Google Calender: Log into google calender and create a shared calendar with your birthdays etc.
Plenary: Write a short blog post about google docs and how you found using it.